Last night, a few of us from here in the office spent the night at McCoy Stadium. I had not seen the Pawsox play in a while. I usually try to attend at least one game per summer, especially since their summers in Pawtucket may now be limited.
The Pawsox played the Syracuse Chiefs. Despite their loss (6-2) it was a really fun evening. It was the perfect night for a baseball game! If you haven’t been to a game in a while, you should definitely pick a home game and check them out.
Here are 6 reasons why you should attend a Pawsox Game this year:
1. Low Ticket Prices: General Admission tickets are about $9 dollars, and if you want to be fancy, box seats only cost $13. This is literally cheaper than a movie ticket!
2. Free Parking: In this day and age, that amazes me!
3. It is a Rhode Island Summer Tradition! Seriously, who grew up in Rhode Island and doesn’t remember attending one of these games and getting a picture taken with PAWS?!
4. Good Eats! The concession stand food is actually pretty tasty and once again pretty affordable, especially compared to most stadiums across New England.
5. You may get to see a Boston Red Sox player in action. In case you didn’t know, the Pawsox is the farm team for the Red Sox. So you may see a future Red Sox slugger or a current player recovering from an injury. You never know!
6. Time is of the essence. They may be moving, so McCoy may be gone forever. Sniff, sniff.
So for a great summer night out with the family, check out America’s favorite pastime right here in Pawtucket!
If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to the Blog Edition of the Loiselle Ledger, the official newsletter of Loiselle Insurance. As a subscriber you’ll receive bi-monthly emails highlighting our latest blog posts. Subscribe Now.