With Wedding and Prom Season upon us, you may find yourself searching Pinterest or Google for a formal hair style. We thought this would be a good time to ask our friends at Secret Beauty Spa in Cumberland for some advice on how to get the best hair style for your next fancy event. Check out Brooke’s answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about formal hair.
- What do you wish people knew about getting their hair done for a formal event?
If you are having your hair professionally done, you should only shampoo the day before the event. Also, it is a good idea to find a hairstyle you think you would like beforehand. It helps give the hairstylist direction.
- Do you have any tips or advice for ladies planning to attend an event and who want to get their hair done?
1. Have a few different ideas for stylists.
2. Always book ahead.
3. Talk to your stylist beforehand for proper hair preparation.
- What are the trends this year with formal hair? What is popular right now?
This year’s trends are braids incorporated into the rest of hair. Another popular style right now is softer beach curls lightly pulled back. A lot of loose and whispy hair is “in” this year.
- What do you find to be the most challenging part of doing formal hair? Most rewarding?
The most challenging part of doing formal hair is unrealistic expectations because of sites like Pinterest. The most rewarding thing is the finished look and knowing you made someone feel beautiful on her special day. I especially love when you get to see the huge smile a client gets once she sees her hair completely finished.
- Is this your busiest time of year?
Yes, this is definitely a busy time for us, starting in April. That’s why booking ahead is really important.
Thanks again to Brooke, one of the owners and master stylists at Secret Beauty Spa, for some great advice to keep in mind while preparing for your next formal event. If you are interested in booking an appointment with one of the ladies from the Secret Beauty Spa, feel free to click here to visit our partner’s page for a coupon.
If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to the Blog Edition of the Loiselle Ledger, the official newsletter of Loiselle Insurance. As a subscriber you’ll receive bi-monthly emails highlighting our latest blog posts. Subscribe Now.