When you buy a home, townhouse or condo, you will want to know that your home insurance will have you covered for everything that could go wrong. You want to have a policy that is easy to understand with a company that is easy to do business with. Of course, reading through your policy application may leave you with more questions than answers. Here are some questions you may want to ask your homeowner’s insurance agent:
- What are the perils my homeowner’s insurance will cover? Does it cover fire, lightning, windstorms, tornadoes, hail, explosions, smoke, theft and vandalism? How about hurricanes or floods?
- What is the difference between actual cost and replacement cost?
- Will my policy cover my entire property including my kids’ swing set, my landscaping and my garage?
- What about my belongings? Are they covered when I take them away from my home?
- Does my policy cover liability for guests?
- I have pets. Does that affect my insurance policy at all?
- Can I get a bundling discount if I purchase multiple insurance policies with your company?
- Are there any additional policy discounts available?
- What is the claim procedure if I need to file one?
- Can I pay less on my premium if I raise my policy deductible?
Your agent should be able to answer any of the questions you may have about your home insurance. You should always feel comfortable in knowing all you should about your policy. Never buy anything unless you feel completely comfortable with what you are purchasing and who you are purchasing it from. Who insures you matters! They should be knowledgeable enough to answer any and all of your questions about your coverage. Our trained and licensed insurance agents can help you with anything you need when it comes to your homeowner’s insurance. Please give us a call us and we can get you started on the way to the right homeowner’s policy for your home and property.