Now that the weather is getting colder, it may be tougher to keep the air your employee’s breathe as clean as you might like. Opening the windows isn’t the best option because the outside temperatures are well below comfortable. Your heat will kick on and cause your heating bills to sky rocket. So what can you do to prevent your employees from getting sick this season?
Here are some tips to help improve the air quality inside your place of business:
- OK, so opening the windows when your employees are present isn’t an option. That’s ok. You can always open them when they leave for the day. Turn down the heat and let the fresh air pour through when no one is there for an hour or so.
- Add some plants. Plants are nature’s best air cleaners. They produce much needed oxygen and help purify the air to give it a better breathing quality.
- Insist that your employees do not use air fresheners. Yes, they might make stale air smell better, but they only mask possible issues.
- Vacuum daily using a vacuum with a HEPA filter. This will help to get all the allergens and impurities out of the building.
- Change the filters in your air conditioning system regularly. If you do not own the building, talk with the landlord to make sure that is being done.
- Keep your work area tidy. Clutter can collect dust which can easily get into the air and aggravate sensitive nostrils.
Keeping your employees from getting sick and missing work should be a top priority this winter and always. Your employees’ health is important to us as well. Let us know if we can offer any other suggestions to help keep everyone from calling in sick this winter.