Have you noticed a dip in productivity at the office? We are not surprised! Often times, business owners may notice that his or her employees are not as motivated. Who can blame them… it is beautiful outdoors and they are sitting in their cubicles! Instead of prolonging the “torture,” you should focus on improving morale in the workplace. There are a number of ways to make the workplace more lively in the summertime.
Here are just a few ways that you can motivate your employees all season long!
• Implement summer hours! Whether employees are allowed to leave early on Friday or are able to flex hours for a three-day weekend, they are going to appreciate the early weekend kickoff.
• Have a large company picnic for the entire day! This is a great way to get everyone outdoors.
• Make Fridays a Casual Day.
• Buy lunch for the office once a week.
• Buy everyone drinks after a long and stressful week. Bonus points if the bar is outdoors!
• Hold meetings outdoors instead of in conference rooms. This is a great way to enjoy the fresh air, even on work time.
• Allow each employee to choose a day to work from home.
Boosting morale in the workplace is easy during the summer. Whether you decide to go big with three-day weekends or choose a simple option such as a company picnic, your staff is sure to appreciate the extra time outdoors.