The foliage is turning and sometimes the pumpkin coffee just doesn’t do the trick! Are you finding yourself stuck inside wondering how to spice things up? Head to your nearest paint store, grab a paint brush, and get to work!
The seasons are changing so why not bring some life to your walls?! A fresh new paint job never hurt anyone. It’s an inexpensive way to mix it up a little and brighten up your day. However, you may feel that painting is a chore that takes up a lot of time while also being very difficult. On the contrary, painting a room is fairly simple as long as you know what you’re doing. Here are a few tips to help get you through that weekend project.
- Before you buy gallons of paint, ask for a sample that you can bring home to test on your wall. A color that looks perfect in the store may not look right once you get it home. Keep trying different colors until you find the exact one you want.
- Once you find your color, get the materials you will need: drop cloth, paint bins, rollers, brushes, and painters tape.
- Clean the walls in the room you will be painting with a damp sponge and let them dry thoroughly.
- Lay the drop cloth on the floor and tape off the area you will be painting being careful not to leave any areas open that you do not want painted.
- Prime the walls (if necessary) and then start painting. Start at the edges and use a paintbrush for all the cutting in.
- With your roller, it is a good idea to paint in a W shape to give full coverage.
- Once you are finished painting, remove the painter’s tape before the paint dries.
Voila! Your room is complete and now you can put back all your furniture and enjoy your brand new room! We promise you, the pumpkin coffee will taste a LOT better in your freshly painted room!