With Hurricane Joaquin headed up the coast, it is important to begin preparing for the possibility of a hurricane. Even if Joaquin changes course and doesn’t hit Rhode Island, it is always best to be prepared. Here are some basic tips for preparing for Hurricane Joaquin from your favorite insurance experts, Brenda Loiselle-Duclos and Melanie Loiselle-Mongeon.
Helpful Tips to Prepare for Hurricane Joaquin
- If you have a boat, take it out of the water or move it to a safer location.
- Take in or secure any outdoor furniture or accessories.
- Go to the store to stock up on the necessities such as food, bottled water, and batteries.
- Make sure you have a full tank of gas in your car, as well as gas for your generator.
- Find your flashlights.
- Have all of your medications filled and make sure that you know where your medical cards are.
- Discuss your family evacuation plan. Know the emergency evacuation plan for your town, especially if you live in a coastal town.
- If you have a generator, make sure it is in working condition.
- Have your insurance policies and our phone number readily available in the event you need us!
Feel free to visit some of our previous blogs for more information on hurricanes and insurance:
If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to the Blog Edition of the Loiselle Ledger, the official newsletter of Loiselle Insurance. As a subscriber you’ll receive bi-monthly emails highlighting our latest blog posts. Subscribe Now.