October is National Bake & Decorate Month!
There are two amazing things in life; pumpkin and cookies.
Combine the two = pure deliciousness!
Since October is National Bake & Decorate Month, I decided to share my absolute favorite pumpkin cookie recipe with you! You will thank me later 😉
What you’ll need for the cookies:
1 cup shortening
1 cup unsalted butter; softened
2 cups white sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin (This is the exact brand I use)
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
What you’ll need for the frosting (The cookies are good even without the frosting!)
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese (regular or light), softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
7 1/2 to 8 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Cookies
1. Mix shortening, butter, white sugar and pumpkin. Add eggs and mix well.
2. Sift together the baking soda, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
3. Drop from spoon to cookie sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
For the Frosting
1. Blend softened cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add in vanilla and cinnamon, blending everything well.
2. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar a cup at a time, blending mixture after each addition.
3. Frost cupcakes when they have completely cooled. If you’re not serving these soon after frosting them, refrigerate until ready to serve (because of the cream cheese in the frosting).
Enjoy with a glass of milk (or wine, hehe). This recipe makes a LOOOOOT of cookies! I normally freeze a bunch, and when I want a couple for a snack, I just pop them in the microwave! They taste just as good as they did when they were fresh out of the oven! If you decide to make them, let us know! We want to hear how they turned out!