Do you know that July is recognized as National Blueberry Month? If you have not celebrated yet, now would be a good time to do so! After all, July is almost over.
Why would blueberries have a month of recognition, you ask? It’s pretty simple! The health benefits of blueberries are out of this world. This small fruit is one of the most powerful antioxidants out there. Having at least a half of a cup a day is all it takes to reap the many health benefits that blueberries can provide. This week, our agency would like to share a few of these benefits with you…
• Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of ALL fresh fruit.
• The antioxidants and vitamins in blueberries have been known to boost immune systems and prevent infections.
• Studies have shown that blueberries may actually aid in the loss of belly fat.
• Blueberries can help promote a healthy urinary tract—lower the risk of infections!
• Anthocyanins (the part in which gives blueberries their color) has been known to attack and ward off cancer-causing free radicals.
• Blueberries are also linked to reducing the risk of heart disease. How? Their high fiber content can dissolve bad cholesterol.
• Blueberries are also good for the brain—reducing the risk of memory loss.
Can you believe that this small blue fruit is THAT health-packed? It’s amazing!
Now that you are aware of the benefits and the month, it is time to add some blueberries to your salad, bake a blueberry pie, or simply enjoy them by the handful. Blueberries are in season around this time of year, so do not hesitate to grab a pack at your local farmer’s market or superstore. Enjoy!