clock July 29, 2013 comments No Comments flowchart Flood InsuranceHomeowners InsuranceOur Blog tag LandlordsProperty Maintenance

All homes across America are different.  Some homes are small.  Some are large.  Some have more than one level while others are ranch style.  Some people have a lot of belongings while others opt for a more minimalistic approach.  How you decorate, furnish and live in your home is completely up to you and your family.  But one thing holds true for all homes: having homeowner’s insurance is a must if you want to have coverage for anything that could go wrong at home.

Standard homeowner’s policies cover a lot of different situations that could arise.  It is important to understand what your policy covers and what it does not and discuss all your needs with your agent when buying a policy.  If you have specific questions about certain items in your home, ask your agent what type of endorsements or additional insurance you will need.

A few standard things your homeowner’s policy does not cover are floods, motor vehicles, and mold/mildew damage.  The good news is that you CAN get coverage for all those things.  Talk to your agent about having your homeowner’s policy endorsed to include mold/mildew coverage.  Also ask for a quote on flood insurance.  Even if you do not live in an area that floods easily, getting a quote can help you see if having the coverage is worth the cost for those “just in case” times that sometimes creep up on us.

For your motor vehicles including automobiles, trucks, and motorcycles, we can offer you quotes for each.  More good news: we may be able to bundle all your coverage together for a discount overall.  If you are in the market for any type of insurance – homeowner’s, auto, motorcycle, flood… give us a call and we can help find the right policy for you.